Friday, December 27, 2013

First Day of Second Grade

Kindergarten               First Grade               Second Grade

I can't even look at this without getting the "cry lump" in my throat.  When did my little girl grow up so much?!  She's all long arms and legs everywhere, and reading and writing, and driving me crazy with willful attitude and stubbornness.  But, oh, do I love her.  Each day before she heads down the hall at school, she gives me a hug, and I tell her to "Have a good day, and be a good friend" and I think she takes it to heart.  She is such a kind soul, which kind of funny because she is also a born leader to the point of sometimes being a little bossy.  She wants things her way, but will tear up in a hurry if she realizes she has hurt someone's feelings.  I can't wait to see how all of these qualities come together as she get older.  And, I fear, as I become more of a crier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!